2020-2021 Tryout Procedure
TKO Premier SC Tryout Procedure
The TKO Premier SC Directors have worked diligently to take into consideration all factors in regards to the recent MSYSA Tryout Policy. There is no perfect system to use, however the directors feel they have developed a procedure that keeps the players’ best interests in mind.
General Tryout Information ** YOU NEED TO KNOW**
All "in person" tryouts are illegal for the 2020-2021 season according to the Michigan State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) - regulations state:
- Current TKO Premier SC (formerly Midwest United FC) members may be committed to a team for fall/spring 2020-2021 on June 1st, but not before.
- Members from outside of TKO Premier SC may be committed to a team starting June 13th, but not before.
- If you are contacted by another club before June 13th it is an unethical and illegal action and communication should stop.
Any player may register for TKO Premier SC Tryouts 2020/2021 seasons. As you complete the tryout registration, you will receive an email confirmation.
Use the appropriate button below for tryout registration via GotSoccer.
Team Placement Process
TKO Premier will notify current players of their team placements on or after June 1st. All other players will be notified by June 15th. To accept a roster spot, current TKO Premier SC players AND new players to TKO Premier SC need to submit the club fee deposit TKO Premier 2020-2021 Commitment Fees.
Please consider these specifics in regards to team placements:
- TKO Premier SC will allow all players to request the age, and level of play they wish to play, for the 2020/2021 seasons. The age groups are u9-u18, and the level of play choices are National League Conference (NLC), Michigan State Premier Soccer Program (MSPSP), Michigan State
Director’s Academy (DA), West Michigan Youth Soccer League (WMYSA).
● NLC (could be u13-u18 boys and girls)
● MSPSP (could be u13-u18 boys and girls)
● DA (u11 and 12 boys and girls)
● WMYSA (could be u9-u18 boys and girls)
NOTE: See the 2020-2021 Coaching Roster to see which teams are playing in which leagues.
- TKO Premier SC will guarantee any current member a roster spot on a current age-group team. HOWEVER, they will NOT guarantee placement on a higher level team if requested. Note: Coaches and Directors are holding age group meetings the first week of May to discuss potential player movement recommendations.
- Other club members can request a level of play through the tryout registration process, but are NOT guaranteed those requests. Note: TKO Premier SC will have a Directors Committee meeting, along with age group coaches meetings, in order to discuss specific placements.
These meetings will take place on June 13/14, with final placement notifications made by June 15th.
- All current TKO Premier players are strongly encouraged to immediately check in with their current age group coaches to discuss a recommendation for level of play.
- Roster sizes could exceed the normal 18 players, when allowed by a league, in certain circumstances (Club Directors will evaluate those situations. Typically this is an option that can be beneficial for older age group teams).
- As with every year, there will most certainly be situations where there are clubs that do not have enough players to form teams in certain age groups. TKO Premier will cooperate with local clubs in an effort to assist in those situations.
The TKO Premier SC Tryout Procedure was built around one principle: WHAT IS BEST FOR PLAYERS!
There is a potential for unintended misunderstandings and mistakes. We believe that open and honest communication will be crucial throughout this process. TKO Premier SC would like to thank TKO Premier families and others for your patience and compassion during a difficult and unprecedented time.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of the Directors.