TKO Minis Age 4-5
(Birth Years 2017-2018)
TKO Minis offers multiple training opportunities for young players and is designed for players new to the game of soccer. The goal of TKO Minis is to prepare players for TKO Juniors by adhering to the structure set forth by US Soccer and focusing on 4v4 play with lots of touches on the ball. Players are introduced to basic foot skills and soccer techniques. This program is completely player centered with professional coaches supporting each player's growth.
The program is directed by Dustin Snyder, TKO Academy Director.
Fall, Spring, Summer trainings take place at the Drake Road Soccer Complex, 901 S. Drake Rd., Kalamazoo 49009.
Winter trainings take place at Portage Soccerzone, 7187 S Sprinkle Rd, Portage, MI 49002
Questions? Please send Dustin a message.
1 Day Training
30/30 Training Model - 30 minutes of ball mastery activities, 30 minutes of 3v3 or 4v4 games.
Time: 5:00-6:00 PM
- Fall: August-October
- Winter: Jan-March
- Spring: April-June
Minimum # of Sessions:
- Fall 8
- Winter 10
- Spring 8
- Fall Only $60
- Winter Only $100
- One day only
- Spring Only $60
- Full Year $179
Uniform: Red training jersey
40/20 Training Model - 40 minutes of ball mastery and small sided games; 20 minutes of 3v3 or 4v4 games.
Minimum # of Sessions: 6
Uniform: Blue or red training jersey depending upon age
All games are on Sundays for TKO Minis
- TKO Academy games are against TKO Mini players.
- These are separated, boys and girls games. Games are 4v4 or 5v5 (goalie).
We do not have set teams for the following reasons:
- Maintains a competitive balance
- Different team each week means making new friends
- Variety of coaches and chance to learn something new
Game Day Details
- Arrive 20-25 minutes early (parking lots will be busy).
- Shoes tied!!!!
- Have them go to the bathroom before each game.
- Let them make mistakes and let them solve them as the coach guides them.
- They will play multiple positions and look uncomfortable at times, this is a good thing.