Code of Conduct
TKO Code of Conduct
TKO Premier SC is committed to the long-term development of the youth soccer players as well-rounded athletes, and productive and respected members of society. Excellent sportsmanship in the form of healthy competition coincides with an overall attitude of community awareness and the desire to be a good citizen.
Also, parents of TKO Premier SC players serve as important role models to their children and to all the other children that they come into contact with at the soccer field and events. Therefore, each TKO Premier SC player and their parents/family will be expected to follow the TKO Premier SC Code of Conduct values and each parent is expected to help enforce these values as outlined below.
TKO Premier SC PLAYERS:
- Understand that soccer is a team sport and any absences, whether from practice or games, affects the overall team. Players unable to attend a practice or game will notify their coach as soon as the coming absence is known.
- Will not use profanity (swearing) at any time, especially at practices and games.
- Will show respect to the referees. Players will not show any dissent to a referee. Players will accept responsibility for all fouls issued. Players will positively acknowledge the referee’s efforts after a game regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Will show respect to the other team’s players. Players will not be allowed to taunt an opposing player. Players will not retaliate against an opponent for a previous foul. Players will shake hands with their opponents after each game.
- Will accept victory and defeat with dignity.
- Will show respect to their teammates, coaches, managers, and their parents. Verbal attacks that explicitly condescend any person based on their race, gender, or ethnicity will not be tolerated.
- Will not use alcohol or illegal substances at any time.
- Will adhere to proper nutritional guidelines for practices, games and tournaments.
- Will work to promote a model of a top soccer athlete: good skills, sound fundamentals, clean and fair play.
- Understand that it is the priority of our club to contribute to community, environment, and social responsibility actively and positively; and as such, will participate in club or team functions and projects.
TKO Premier SC PARENTS:
- Will learn and understand the rules of the game for each specific league/tournament, etc.
- Will respect the integrity and judgment of the referees. Parents will refrain from challenging referee calls.
- Will show appreciation of good play by both teams.
- Will refrain from “coaching” any player from the sidelines or “joy-sticking” their kids during games.
- Will always cheer and show encouragement and refrain from making negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team.
- Will refrain from “over-cheering” the play of their kids, i.e., avoid cheering each time they touch the ball or make a play.
- Will follow the “24-Hour Rule” before contacting coaches or managers after a game.
- Will not talk negatively about any players, parents, coaches.
- Will report to the coach all injuries, special medical conditions (i.e. asthma) or extenuating circumstances (i.e. lack of sleep or family crisis) that may affect the player.
- Will promote proper nutritional guidelines to their player(s) for practices, games and tournaments.
- Will get their player(s) to practice, games and tournaments on time.
- Understand that it is the priority of our club to contribute to community, environment and social responsibility actively and positively; and as such, will reinforce the player’s participation in club or team functions and projects.
- Will help enforce the Player Code of Conduct Contract