TKO JUNIORS age 6-8
(Birth Years 2015-2016)
TKO Juniors is our more advanced program offered for u7-u8 players and serves as our preparation program for u9 competition and league play. TKO Juniors provides multiple training opportunities for young players. The program is designed around the structure set forth by US soccer, focusing on 4v4 play with lots of touches on the ball. The goal of this program is to improve foot skills and soccer techniques all while having a ball at their feet. The players will also be introduced to team concepts and drills so they can hit the ground running when old enough to play on a u9 team. The program is completely player-centered with professional coaches supporting each player's growth.
The program is directed by Dustin Snyder, TKO Academy Director.
Fall, Spring, Summer trainings take place at the Drake Road Soccer Complex, 901 S. Drake Rd., Kalamazoo 49009.
Winter trainings take place at Oshtemo Soccerzone, 6255 Technology Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49009.
Questions? Please send Dustin a message.
2 Day Training
1 training per week focusing on ball mastery and small sided games. Games on Sundays against other TKO Juniors.
- Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm
- Fall: August-October
- Winter: Jan-March
- Spring: April-June
Minimum # of Sessions:
- Fall 12
- Winter 10
- Spring 12
- Fall $120
- Winter $100
- Note: 1 day per week
- Spring $120
- Full Year $299
Uniform: A blue & red training jersey
40/20 Training Model - 40 minutes of ball mastery and small sided games, 20 minutes of 3v3 or 4v4 games.
Minimum # of Sessions: 6
Uniform: A blue or red training jersey, depending upon age.
All games are on Sundays for TKO Juniors
- TKO Academy games are against TKO players only. These are separated, boys and girls games. Games are 4v4 or 5v5 (goalie).
We do not have set teams for the following reasons:
- Maintains a competitive balance
- Different team each week means making new friends
- Variety of coaches and chance to learn something new
Game Day Basics
- Arrive 20-25 minutes early (parking lots will be busy).
- Shoes tied!!!!
- Have them go to the bathroom before each game.
- Let them make mistakes and let them solve them as the coach guides them.
- They will play multiple positions and look uncomfortable at times, this is a good thing.